POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water : Re: artistic water Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water
From: Tek
Date: 10 Nov 2006 10:19:14
Message: <45549872$1@news.povray.org>
"Ben Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>
>> ...but then you will miss the overhanging parts...!
>
> Were there some?  I found it hard to see any in the picture.

The overhanging parts aren't obvious in the first version of this image
(aside from the whole thing leaning left, but that could easily be done with
Skew_Trans on a height field), but if you look at my new post they're much
more visible.

The render time's mostly caused by radiosity (which I've since disabled) and
reflections & refractions. A heightfield would be a big help with those
because it traces very quickly, though the resolution I'd need for this
image would mean a huge pretrace time to generate that heightfield, and a
huge lump of memory to store it!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com