POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOB : Re: RSOB Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSOB
From: scott
Date: 8 Nov 2006 14:44:42
Message: <455233aa$1@news.povray.org>
> > A simple scene I made a while back, but a friend wanted it
> > re-rendered for a desktop wallpaper.  I just rescaled 50% and
> > adjusted the gamma correction in PSP before posting here.
>
> another cool variation of ball over checkered plane, in the lines of:
> http://www.imagico.de/pov/pict/centered.jpg

Oh wow that's quite similar.  Actually the inspiration for mine was from the
front of a catalog from our company, only the squares weren't so rounded or
shiny.

Personally these sort of images are too bright and "busy" for my desktop
wallpaper, I might try and re-render with a narrow spotlight and darker
colours.