POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : ArahWeave running under Windows XP : Re: ArahWeave running under Windows XP Server Time
5 May 2024 13:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ArahWeave running under Windows XP
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 2 Nov 2006 19:08:03
Message: <454a8863$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> "Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote:
>> Well, as far as I am aware, the only way to do that is to create
>> a network share in Windows, and link to it from within the VMWare player
>> (your virtual Linux system)
>
> so much trouble... why not simply use an easy to use Linux desktop.  oh
> well! anyway, why don't you just save to floppy or thumbdrive?

Yeah, that would also work.  For me, linking and saving to a Windows share
is pretty simple, though.

I wish I had something to show for my efforts, but so far, I've only used
Arah Weave to play-around.  It can be addicting, just like POV-Ray.  It's
fun to simply play around creating/modifying textures, while never actually
producing anything useful.