POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Real-time raytracing test : Re: Real-time raytracing test Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real-time raytracing test
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 1 Nov 2006 06:05:34
Message: <45487f7e@news.povray.org>
Hi Chris,

Chris Cason wrote :
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>> It's such a pity I can't test this nice feature on my dua### [at] 125GHz
>> using the Altivec Multimedia Instruction Set, either under MacOSX or
>> Yellow Dog Linux, taking advantage of my iSight FireWire camera :(
>>
>> I'm sure that Persistence Of Vision is not intended to Win users !
>> Furthermore for little-endian (x86 - x86_64) architectures.
>>
>> Do you really mind the huge amount of work that will need to be done ?

> I'm not sure of your point: we do of course have PPC support and a Mac
> version will eventually be forthcoming. It's just not available right n
ow
> since Thorsten (who maintains the OS-X port) is too busy with the core
code
> and other things to release Mac binaries.

Well I meant :

Macintosh|PS3	vs.	PC
MacOSX|YDL	vs.	Windows
PPC|Cell	vs. 	x86
Altivec|SPE	vs.	SSE
FireWire	vs.	USB
Big-endian	vs.	Little-endian
Apple|Sony	vs.	Microsoft/Intel

Which is the most appropriate to perform RTRT and video ?
We both live in an orthogonal world, do we ?

Best regards,

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
<http://eureka.atari.org/>