POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chinese Dish with pigment_pattern : Re: Chinese Dish with pigment_pattern Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:55:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chinese Dish with pigment_pattern
From: Jim Charter
Date: 30 Oct 2006 13:06:16
Message: <45463f18$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Perhaps that thread in povray.newusers: Simulating cracks in surface using
> normals (by Toon) on 25-10-2006, will give you the answer? Chris B shows an
> interesting possibility...

Thanks, I'll take a look.  It is usually that it works fine,
technically, it is just that it doesn't add that much realism.  It is
usually more a matter of putting slighly darker color in the low areas
that adds more significantly to the effect, irregardless of whether I
vary the finish or not.  I is really a matter, I think, that I have not
portrayed a subject (like Janet has) where the effect makes a noticeable
difference in the overall look of the picture.