POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ourobus Snake : Re: Update: Single coil version Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update: Single coil version
From: St
Date: 30 Oct 2006 07:49:37
Message: <4545f4e1@news.povray.org>
"Smws" <smw### [at] poboxcom> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> Last one, I promise! :o)
>>
>>    This is a single coil version with Garnet eyes.
>>
>>     ~Steve~
>
> Well, don't stop on my account, they just keep getting better. Surely this
> is just the kind of image that the POV-Ray news server is meant to host!

    Well, yes, I hope so!  :o)

> It seems from some of the previous messages that you make the rings in
> reality. Is this true?

   Yes, that's what I do, I design and make jewellery. I'm just about to
start making this single coil snake ring in silver, so I'll post an image or
two on my little personal website when it's finished.

Are you rendering it in POV-Ray for fun, or does it
> really inform your design and construction?

  Well, I've found that I'm using PoV-Ray a lot more now for jewellery
design. Yes, it's fun! Last week I designed 5 rings and a pendant and
earring set. That was the best and most enjoyable weeks work I've done for
some time. Getting paid to play with PoV-Ray is good!  :o)

Do you make blueprints somehow
> and use them for the metalwork? (of course, you can ignore these very nosy
> questions if you wish, craftsmens secrest and all...)

      Oh, I don't worry about that. Basically, there are no blueprints as
such for most common jewellery items, but when it comes to something that's
going to be an expensive design, then sure, you either draw it correctly, or
make an exact silver model so that the customer knows exactly what s/he is
getting.

> If I was your client, I would want this one. I think the single coil is
> more
> elegant and works better.

     It does work better. I was a little ambitious with my first snake...
;)

> Definitly keep it up, and thanks for sharing.

  My pleasure. As long as my work is (sometimes) enjoyed, I'll keep on
goin'!  :o)

Do you happen to have a
> website where you put POV-stuff?

    Oh, now you've gone and said it Stefan. ;)  I don't at the moment, but I
now have many images, so I guess I should. I'll post a link sometime in the
near future.

     ~Steve~