POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sand : Re: sand Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sand
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Oct 2006 07:51:45
Message: <45434451$1@news.povray.org>
"mine" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4542c9cca07a9211ab7590070@news.povray.org...
>I am trying to make sand. While I'm quite happy with the test pic below, it
> uses the normal{} statement and hence doesn't affect shadows. While I'm
> sure I can work around that in the picture I'm planning, I'd love to find
> solution. Can anyone help? I had a quick try at a height_field but quickly
> was put off the idea of trying. Maybe an isosurface?

Personally, I use a height_field for simulating ripples. However, I have
not, as yet, come up with a really satisfying and good-looking one. It would
be mainly finding a good function describing a ripple field (as well for
height_fields as for isosurfaces), but that is a little beyond my
capabilities. Have you looked into Mike Williams's Isosurface Tutorial? I am
not sure, from memory, maybe something is there.

Thomas