POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 beta fails with out of memory - ok under 3.6 : Re: 3.7 beta fails with out of memory - ok under 3.6 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 22:44:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 beta fails with out of memory - ok under 3.6
From: Chris Cason
Date: 28 Oct 2006 06:08:32
Message: <45432c20@news.povray.org>
jva wrote:
> However, it now seems there might be a problem: the minimal scene below cut
> from the original glass scene uses hardly any memory at all and gives the
> same problem whenever focal blur is on. It runs fine in povray 3.6 though.
>
> Hope this helps, Jeroen.

Yes, it did thanks. until the next beta you can work around it by keeping
samples to 64 or less. the actual problem was the list of containing
interiors was not being cleared between each ray sampled in the grid, and
this eventually caused an overflow. I'm glad it did, too, because the
accumulated interiors can also slow down the render unnecessarily, which is a
bug that had not been reported.

-- Chris