POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree, Modeled within POV : Re: Tree, Modeled within POV Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree, Modeled within POV
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Oct 2006 03:24:05
Message: <4541b415$1@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> schreef in bericht

> When you have very detailled trees, you only use 1 or 2, maybe 3. For the
> background trees, it's usualy beter to use mesh trees.
> Not all isosurfaces are very slow. It depend on it's complexity and
> gradiant.

Thanks Alain!
Yes, I agree about the background trees. It wouldn't make really sense to
use isosurfaces for that, so my question there was a little unrealistic.
Still, I am curious about render time of Kenneth's isosurface tree in
conjunction with (as you mentioned) its complexity, and the levels of detail
(bark in particular).

Thomas