POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ourobus Snake : Re: Update: Ouroborous Snake and Escher Snake Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update: Ouroborous Snake and Escher Snake
From: St
Date: 26 Oct 2006 09:03:24
Message: <4540b21c@news.povray.org>
"Smws" <smw### [at] poboxcom> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> Ok, I think I've nailed this bump_mapping thingy.   ;)
>>
>>    It was the only route I could take after trying loads of stuff with
>> the
>> actual mesh.
>>
>>       Comments welcome!
>>
>>         ~Steve~
>
> Wow! This looks really good! However you got the normal, it looks very
> much
> like scales. Did you make the bump_map yourself?

     Kind of. I found a nice snake skin texture on the net, but it was
fairly large. I played around with that for ages and couldn't get a good
result, so then thought about trying with a smaller image, so I cut out the
attached from the original and tried with that. It worked first time!  :oO

      Set yourself up a torus (whatever) and apply this:

         T_Gold_2A

    finish{
      diffuse 0.45
      ambient 0.035