POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : indoor lighting (radiosity) : Re: indoor lighting (radiosity) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: indoor lighting (radiosity)
From: Alain
Date: 25 Oct 2006 20:12:38
Message: <453ffd76$1@news.povray.org>
JSR nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 25/10/2006 12:02:
> Hi,
> This image has take too long to render because of the high resolution, I
> tried to improve the definition of the objects and antialias, at the same
> time, I try to add bright to the scene changing the key light with
> <1,1,1>*3 and sky sphere <1,1,1>.
> But, in order to reduce render time I changed the count to 300, and this has
> produced blotchy surfaces.
> The question is: It's possible to solve this problem without a count higher
> than 300 (to don't increase render time)? Changing the rest of the
> parameters of radiosity? (rest are default values in this image)
> Thks,
>
> JSR

A low error_bound needs a high count to prevent blotchness. Try to increase
error_bound, maybe as high as 1. This will also decrease the render time.
You can compensate by using a smaller low_error_factor to get more sampling
during the last pretrace step. Also, adding 1 or pretrace steps can help.
Increasing nearest_count up to 20 (the maximum) can also help by averaging more
value to get the final illumination.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.