POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dancing cows ... (jpg 148k) : Re: Dancing cows ... (jpg 148k) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing cows ... (jpg 148k)
From: Alain
Date: 25 Oct 2006 19:56:54
Message: <453ff9c6@news.povray.org>
Karl Anders nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 25/10/2006 05:05:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>> LOL!!
>> Excellent!

> Thank you.

>> By the way: your daughter seems to be a very knowledgeable person.
>> You should listen to her :-)

> True. But (there's always one):
> - udders would keep them from wearing clothing - though HERE they're dancing
> in the nude :-)
> - tails sounds like spheresweeps, which would have serious impact on render
> times
> The cheap-sweep macro (can't recall the author now) works only with constant
> radius, which wouldn't look too good, I suppose, especially since the pigs
> don't have tails yet, either ...
> Does anybody know about something like cheapsweep with variable radius ?

> Thanks in advance
> Karl

sphere_sweep can slow down renders but mainly for larger ones: those that
sparcely use large volumes, big bounding boxes with whide curves and narow
section. This lead to testing against the sweep for pixels that are very far
away from the actual sweep, and this is what causes the slow downs. This is why
splitting large sweeps into several smaller ones can greatly improve the
rendering time.
In the case of your tails, the sweeps wouls be relatively small and simple, have
moderate curving, leading to higher filling. The slowdown will thus be localised
to a rather small area.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.