POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : electronic bracelet over water : Re: electronic bracelet over water Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: electronic bracelet over water
From: Spock
Date: 22 Oct 2006 10:11:41
Message: <453b7c1d$1@news.povray.org>
I like the bracelet, I like the water, and I like where this is going.

Is the strange artifact (halo) that keeps the blue part of the bracelet
from touching the water intentional?  If its a force-field then you've
got it right.  If its meant to be plastic/glass/futuristic-clear-stuff
then you should add some reflection or highlights.

Check out some of the recent postings that show water interacting with
objects (nice work with a rectangular block and its corresponding ripple
pattern).  In your case the scene would definitely benefit from some
interaction between the bracelet and the water.

Not sure if writing, greebles, or other details might improve the
perception of scale, but I'm sure you will think of something.

Looking forward to future cycles!