POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ourobus Snake : Re: Ourobus Snake Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ourobus Snake
From: St
Date: 20 Oct 2006 15:54:49
Message: <45392989@news.povray.org>
"P Brewer" <pbj### [at] wowwaycom> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> Another ring design.
>>
>>     ~Steve~
>
> Ever read any Wheel of Time books?

   I'm afraid I haven't. Who's the author?

 They feature a ring design that's
> described as a great serpent eating it's own tail. Meant to represent time
> repeating itself over and over again.

    Yes, I can understand this. I've seen this type of ring before and it's
very Victorian* in design, although, it's really easy to see some Celtic
Prince wearing this style of ring 2000+ years ago.

> Very cool design. What software did you use to do it? With such detail in
> the head, I would like to see some more detail on the ring itself. Perhaps
> something as simple as some minor bump mapping to give it "scales". If
> you're going for sheer realism, some wear on the ring would add to it.
> Nicks, scratches, dirt, grime.

     That's good advice, thanks. I'm currently trying for some texture on
the body, so if I get it anywhere near right, I'll post it soonish. Glad you
liked it.

      ~Steve~

* The Victorian Jewellers loved making their snake rings!