POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ourobus Snake : Re: Ourobus Snake Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:03:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ourobus Snake
From: St
Date: 20 Oct 2006 15:54:48
Message: <45392988@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> Steve! This image is awesome! How did you model the snake's head? And the
> texture? This is great. My only critique is the reflection near the bottom
> of the ring... it loses some of it's metallic look... most likely due to
> the lack of detail in the reflection... but that's minor. Great image...
> congrats!

Heh, thank you Sam, that's nice coming from someone that I admire as a 3d
artist. The head (and body) was modelled in Wings, and the texture for the
scaly bits around the mouth etc., are the faces that were left after one
smooth operation. The selected faces were then extruded normally and then
scaled uniformally, and then the whole model was smoothed once more leaving
the scaly look. It doesn't look too good close up, but at this sort of
distance, you can get away with it.

   ~Steve~