POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray. : Re: 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray. Server Time
18 May 2024 07:49:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray.
From: St
Date: 19 Oct 2006 13:06:17
Message: <4537b089$1@news.povray.org>
"einarabelc5" <ein### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>I have to agree with you.
> I wasn't pissed at Steve, he just felt aggravated for what I said.

   No, not really, it was more the way you said it. All I was doing was
telling you what p.b.s-f is and thought that you might not be seeing it on
the website so suggested the newsreader route (without knowing you couldn't
access the groups whilst being at work). And then you replied to me with the
'man' thing. ;)

 I can
> post atachments ouside my company, using Outlook as a newsreader, and In
> this particular case I seriously doubt Nvidia forums would go down, at
> least for long, and no they dont ask you to register to see what I posted,
> you can get in and do what I ask without login in.

     Yeah, I checked and the last time I looked you had 4 downloads of each
file, so someone is interested. Maybe you'll get your answer yet.

> Besides, whats in your best interest as a contributor to POV-RAY? To
> developed it, so why don't look for integration with world proved, time
> tested, modelers like 3dsMax/Viz, wouldn't it be great to compete against
> Mental Ray, AIR, and VRAY? Still basing in GNU.

   Hey, try being a Wings modeller around here! I tell you, it's like
walking on broken glass - you *have* to tread SO carefully!  ;)

  No, they're a great bunch of guys and girls, and I don't think there's one
that hasn't helped someone else at their time of need.

 I don't see the point of
> helping each other if you're gonna get offended and don't find workarounds
> for things.

   Trust me, nobody gets offended, but that's the point, the guys around
here do find workarounds for a lot of things from all kinds of code to the
actual pov website - if someone knows something that will make life easier
for someone else, it's usually shared, low level to top level and back.

 If so, then you're right, go find something better to do than
> getting pissed off.
>
> Anyways, the policies you claim are completely reasonable.

     Yep, Jim is bang on with his reply.

> I just dont see the point of posting a question and not getting the answer
> when I provided a means to you to see my questions.

   But you've had at least 4 downloads of each file, (unless it was you and
your mates, checking on different systems).  ;)

      ~Steve~