POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP:ocean[jpeg@82kb] with jpeg, this time : Re: WIP:ocean[jpeg@82kb] with jpeg, this time Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP:ocean[jpeg@82kb] with jpeg, this time
From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2006 20:15:18
Message: <4536c396$1@news.povray.org>
marabou nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/10/2006 12:09:
> Sorry, my newsreader did not insert attachment...

> This image has it starting point long time ago. At that time I had
> problems with water and surface of wood. Now, I promise, it looks much
> better! Or am I wrong?
> In scene were only two external files used: one for sign and one for
> the cloud.
> In scene is only one cloud, but it should be few more. Cloud is made with
> df3, so rendering lasted 30 min. I have no idea yet how to boost render
> time with it, so I can can make more clouds, what would look much better.
> With styling of cloud I am not happy, because I not yet know how
> programmingly do it better.
> Building site is sky_sphere, too. In scene are edges from one color to
> other and they should become soft or floting.
> Besides this it is a good starting point to do scene more fine...

> comments, critics and ideas are welcome.

About your clouds, what are your media parameters?
The default method is 3, it works best with only 1 intarval and realy get bogged
down when using multiples intervals.
If you want 100 samples, intervals 1 samples 100 is way faster than intervals 10
samples 10.

--
Alain
Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk

Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to blurt out
this excuse #1:  I was working smarter - not harder.