POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip): Seaweed problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip): Seaweed problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Oct 2006 10:47:10
Message: <45339b6e$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> schreef in bericht
news:YiwFXRANd1MFFw+j### [at] econymdemoncouk...

> The problem is that that syntax is already in use to mean something
> different.
>
> What it means is, apply YellowTransparantColor to any components in the
> group that don't already have their own texture{}. In this case, all the
> components do have their own texture, so nothing happens.
>
> You wouldn't want to change that old syntax, because it would break
> large numbers of existing scenes. You wouldn't want the syntax to have
> the old meaning if there are any untextured components and have the new
> meaning if there are none, because that would get very confusing
> particularly if you intended to texture all the components but missed a
> tiny part of a very complex CSG.
>
> --
Thank you Mike, for your explanation. I was sure there was a catch :-)
What I meant by *elegant*  was in the same line as when you talk about
clothes: they may be *elegant* but not necessarily confortable to wear! So,
only for the eyes fixed on the catwalk.

Thomas