POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip): Seaweed problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip): Seaweed problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Oct 2006 03:08:23
Message: <4531de67@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Pre-declare a weed texture. Apply it to objects after all
> transformations...
> then objects in the same place should end up textured the same. If you
> need
> different scale factors, use different weed textures.

Hmm... essentially, that is what I did already. The main problem is that the
different object categories (stones, shells, column segments, wood fragment)
have their own basic texture already. I have been playing with the idea -
like you suggest - to add a final weed texture after everything is done, but
that doesn't work (or I did it wrong). Only the basic textures appear, not
the overlying weed texture.

> I sympathise; I had some real headaches getting the moss texture onto the
> bricks in my knotworld...

I can very well imagine!! Thanks indeed for the idea.

Thomas