POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip): Seaweed problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip): Seaweed problem
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Oct 2006 08:53:24
Message: <4530ddc4$1@news.povray.org>
I am presently at a loss to solve this puzzle:

- I have the seaweed on the sand coded as a layered texture (sand texture +
weed texture);
- I have the shells traced randomly in a while loop, with their own texture;
- I have those columns also traced randomly, with a layered texture (stone +
weed);

- How can I make the seaweed also cover any object on the sand (shells or
others)? I cannot do this by putting a weed texture on top of a union of the
HF and the random objects.

So, what would be a practical solution? Do the same as for the columns?
The problem is that I have to carefully rescale the weed texture each time.
I did not really do that for the stones on the sand for instance, and you
see the difference.

Any smart idea?

Thomas