POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Now with radiosity... (~130KB) : Re: Now with radiosity... (~130KB) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now with radiosity... (~130KB)
From: Data Banks
Date: 13 Oct 2006 21:08:55
Message: <453038a7@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:452ff718$1@news.povray.org...

> "Orchid XP v3" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message

>>>      Why don't you find a nice rock texture and use it as a bump map?
>>> It's fun trying to get it right and watching the render(s).
>>
>> I try not to use bitmaps and I try not to use meshes. I prefer the
>> conceptual purity of using only algorithmically defined shapes and
>> textures. ;-)
>
>    LOL! That's the funniest thing you've ever said! :op
>
>     Ok, but you do also say, "try not to use..."   It might be worth a try
> after you've sorted it all out algorithmically.   ;)
>
>    ~Steve~

Well there IS a definite sense of pride when you look at something created
purely from code and can say "I did that!". After that, using bumpmaps seems
more like cheating. Maybe that's why I've resisted the other 3D software in
favour of POV, even though it limits what I can use the results for? Ah
well, going to have to TRY mesh soon if I want to work on Sims2