POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Oct 2006 10:37:28
Message: <452fa4a8$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> Wonderful image as usual!
Thanks Marc :-)

> If it is for IRTC,I think the collumns are too much, they drain attention
> from the *absence* which is strong here.
Hmm... Might be... still, I like them as they are things made invisible
(sea-level rise; tectonic subsidence) that appear again after draining the
water. It's a personal thing I guess. And it let me play with probability
selections to build them.

> I had a thought at doing an image on Aral sea and you are close to my
> concept :-)
Ah yes, the Aral Sea would have been nice to do, indeed. Lake Chad is
another one of those. I must say that the present image is a concept I have
turned over in my mind for many years now. Even wrote a short story around
it situated however, in the middle of the North Sea!

> I'd see some other (not wrecked) ships instead of ruins
I like those ruins <sniff>

Thomas