POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A more successful render (~120KB) : Re: A more successful render (~120KB) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A more successful render (~120KB)
From: Ger
Date: 11 Oct 2006 16:59:27
Message: <452d5b2f@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:

> Well, let's somewhat better... (Although there's still no glassware.) It
> seems just putting something *under* the water made all the difference.

You're getting there.
The color of water is determined by what's underneath it because water by
itself is colorless. Have a look at a swimmingpool :)

> (It's Stone8 from stones.inc. Unfortunately, it appears to have a
> nonzero ambient setting. *sigh* So I will have to use some other texture
> for the final render...)

I have removed ALL ambient settings from all predefined textures. that way I
can control everything in the main file without having to worry about
textures being too bright.

--
Ger