POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Anemone : Re: Alien Anemone Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Anemone
From: Pete Hurst
Date: 10 Oct 2006 17:50:49
Message: <452c15b9$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:
> If you poke around through other POVRay.general and POVRay.images postings,
> you'll find you're not first/alone in this strange bug encounter.  It's
> also not present in POV 3.5.  And since I use quite a few spline calls with
> while-loops, I run into it quite often.  Anyway, good to hear it's fixed in
> 3.7Beta (which I haven't tried yet.)

Yep, I found a few places referencing the bug, which was a relief since
it showed I wasn't actually doing anything wrong! Pretty annoying
though, since spline functions are pretty powerful.

> Anyway, really cool images.  Is there an alien clown fish that can live in
> this anemone?

Aha... that gives me an idea of how to use the alien eyeball I started
working on :)  Thanks for the feedback!

Pete