POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bat Boy gets it... : Re: Bat Boy gets it... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bat Boy gets it...
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 10 Oct 2006 12:52:29
Message: <452bcfcd$1@news.povray.org>
I have no suggestions to name.. however..

1. Lightning. I don't know what you are going for but to me it looks like a
night scene. As such, it's way to bright.
The presence of a CG light is way to obvious. It completely washes out the
colours and takes away the effects of, for     instance, your "laser" and
fires. Have a look at these:
http://www.west-scotland-tourism.com/Glenborrodale-Castle/castle/Castle-night.jpg
http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland/fantasyland/fantasyland_images/castle-night-sep99.jpg

2. Textures. As mentioned, you need to fix them.

3. Ground. Too sharp. Go with one of the previous suggestions.

4. Composition. I don't know what you want to focus on, but if you keep it
like this the scene is too empty on
the right side. Nothing is going on there.

That's it for now.. :)

Regards,
Stefan