POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SCC4 wips : Re: SCC4 wips Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SCC4 wips
From: Tek
Date: 5 Oct 2006 18:45:48
Message: <45258b1c@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

> These are both for the original grass scene.
>
> Remove the "+z" from the grass pigment.  The resulting color is a little
> strong, but i think the hue is closer to most grasses.
>
> Replace the background <.7,.8,.9> with <6,7,8>/9 to save one byte.  The
> color is *slightly* darker, but the difference is barely noticeable.

Wow that's *exactly* what I changed before developing my newer versions of
the grassy scene! You must be psychic!

The +z was an attempt to get a difference in hue between the lit and shadow
areas, but to be honest it doesn't really look bad without it and it saved
valuable characters.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com