POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : View to Tomorrow : View to Tomorrow Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  View to Tomorrow
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 3 Oct 2006 20:39:32
Message: <452302c4@news.povray.org>
This is a scene not too far away in the future, maybe 50 years or so. the
dirty energy sources coal and oil are nearly empty, and mankind has finally
started to place large solar power stations in Mercury and Venus distance to
the sun. Those stations transmit the permanently huge amount of energy to
the Earth by radio.

This picture shows many of the large 2km-diameter solar power stations, one
just newly arriving and adjusting into the arrays of stations. Neccessary
power for their propulsion and interior comes straight from the sun.
Probably there will not be humans needed, everything automatic (which is
logical due its close position to the sun and far distance to Earth). You
can see, in a distance, the planet Mercury.

There are two images: one the final version, the other one how the render
result is originally. I am highly unsatisfied with the low contrast of the
white parts of the station, it is like ambient or getting some light. I
don't know, why. Maybe someone can help me to make it to a better scene. The
scene code is attached, as well.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'SolarBases2.jpg' (64 KB) Download 'Solar Bases.pov.txt' (36 KB) Download 'SolarBases1.jpg' (62 KB)

Preview of image 'SolarBases2.jpg'
SolarBases2.jpg

Preview of image 'SolarBases1.jpg'
SolarBases1.jpg