POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : ArahWeave running under Windows XP : Re: ArahWeave running under Windows XP Server Time
5 May 2024 16:08:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ArahWeave running under Windows XP
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 26 Sep 2006 08:38:10
Message: <45191f32$1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapgfr> wrote in message

> Thanks Jeremy (and Jaime too of course)!
> I've always wondered about creating cloth textures so this could be the
> answer.

One of the most immediate questions you may have is "How do I save it to my
C: drive?"  Well, as far as I am aware, the only way to do that is to create
a network share in Windows, and link to it from within the VMWare player
(your virtual Linux system).  Or perhaps vice-versa (create a SMB share
within Linux).  If there's another way to access the host's file-system, I
couldn't figure it out.

If anyone tries this and has questions, I'll do my best to help, but I'm not
very proficient in Linux.