POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray crashes : Re: Povray crashes Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:40:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray crashes
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Sep 2006 18:19:36
Message: <451855f8$1@news.povray.org>
David Healy wrote:
> anything new or further on this?

Apple sells some nice and reliable refurbished G5 Macs. If you need a Mac
system for daily work, I strongly recommend you look into getting one. The
x86 PCs sold by Apple, unfortunately, are everything but reliable mostly due
to the rushed and incomplete port of the Mac OS X. Alternatively, x86 PCs
sold by Apple run Windows rather well, and most certainly POV-Ray on Windows
runs fast on them. There even is software that makes on the fly switching
between Windows and Mac OS X really easy.

As previously stated, you should not expect an official version of POV-Ray
for Mac OS X natively running on x86 PCs sold by Apple before 2008. However,
there is of course some slim hope that if you keep bugging Apple, they will
eventually fix their broken emulator such that POV-Ray can run on all x86
PCs sold by Apple. Bugging the POV-Team will not help, as Apple software and
hardware problems are beyond our control.

	Thorsten, POV-Team