POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip no title [58kb] : Re: wip no title [58kb] Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:40:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip no title [58kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 19 Sep 2006 21:28:27
Message: <4510993b@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Stephen said it already, this is a lovely image that can almost stand by
> itself. A dreamlike scene really (that could turn into nightmare... now, why
> did I write that??).
> I like the cobblestones, but would like to see a little randomness in their
> positioning, and perhaps a little less shiny?

Thanks Thomas. The look of the cobbles has a lot to do with the low res
mesh, nevertheless I have taken off all reflection on their finish.
Another interesting thing, in this test you see that some of the cobbles
come up dark and in fact are not really displaying the finish at all.
It would seem, from further testing, that this was the result of putting
the cobbles in a union {} block within the light_groups {} block.

> I enjoyed your taxi tales by the way!

Thanks, there are some good cab blogs out there imho.  I especially like
the one called Night Cabbie on my links list.  Can you believe that
already a "book scout" has contacted me?