POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDR tests (73+28kb) : HDR tests (73+28kb) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  HDR tests (73+28kb)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 18 Sep 2006 17:10:35
Message: <450f0b4b@news.povray.org>
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to get HDR effects with the official version of POV-Ray
(v3.6). I render a scene using the spherical camera and then use it as
illumination for my objects. It has been working well so far. Each of
these images took less than twenty minutes to render (see file name for
minutes and seconds). Both were rendered with focal blur, which helps to
reduce apparent image_map artifacts. One was rendered with radiosity and
the other (metal shelf) was not.

The background image was turned into a function, separated into it's
individual R G B channels, tweaked with a 1.n poly_wave value, and
intensified to suit the scene.

So what do you think? Should I scrap this project and use MegaPOV? Or
should I post the code?

Comments and criticisms always welcome!

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hdr17_55.jpg' (73 KB) Download 'hdr12_04.jpg' (28 KB)

Preview of image 'hdr17_55.jpg'
hdr17_55.jpg

Preview of image 'hdr12_04.jpg'
hdr12_04.jpg