POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues : Re: Eavesdropping WIP 07 - better radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping WIP 07 - better radiosity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Sep 2006 04:07:36
Message: <450bb0c8$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:450ae56f$1@news.povray.org...

>     But, you've got to do something about that texture (on the lower
> pillars), because it looked SO good in your other image! Perhaps some kind
> of procedural crackle might do it? (Not sure).

Steve, I am not sure I get your meaning. The texture is not looking so much
different from the non-radiosity image I believe. There is already a (agate)
turbulence/normal controlling the layered, averaged texture (visible on the
closest pillar to the left). Towards the middle distance this becomes
necessarily less visible. The same would hold for a crackle (for instance),
so you would not really see it. And then, radiosity is also playing its part
here.

Thomas