POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues : Re: Eavesdropping WIP 07 - better radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping WIP 07 - better radiosity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Sep 2006 03:18:16
Message: <450ba538$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
.

> With the technical problems gone, this image takes on a compelling
> narrative interest. Figure gestures, camera angle, and so on. Nice work.
> Don't know where all this is coming from, or going to, but I love it. Are
> your images collected anywhere such that we might see the development?

Thank you indeed, Jim! It is going in the direction I want it to go.
I have no idea where the image is coming from. It is one of those typical
hunches/visions I often have about scenes, stories, projects. Most of the
time, it comes to nothing; sometimes I try to keep a record on them; in a
few instances they turn into images, stories, or projects. It depends very
much on how compelling the hunches really are. Sometimes the vision is so
compelling that I work on it for a couple of days/weeks, totally mesmerized,
like if somebody was dictating me what to do (sounds familiar?) and then
most often, it remains dormant for a long time.... or forever.
Quite possibly, this images is going to turn into a short story one day, or
become part of a larger whole. I don't know. With a friend, we write an
unending stream of short stories (in Portuguese), sometimes based on
randomly selected old photographs or pictures. It's fun to do.
Interestingly, before even knowing about Gilles Tran's Book of Beginnings, I
had started something similar but with finished very short texts around an
image. It too started suddenly as a hunch.
I am working on a website where (part of) my work will be on display. I
admit that I started it already years and years ago, but since a few weeks
it seems to pick up speed. So... be patient.

Thomas