POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip no title [58kb] : Re: wip no title [58kb] Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:42:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip no title [58kb]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 15 Sep 2006 16:17:49
Message: <450b0a6d$1@news.povray.org>
It's off to a good start.  I'm generally afraid to give advice to anyone on
how to proceed, as we all have very different ideas, but this already evokes
some feeling.  It's almost ghostly.  (more below)

"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> This is just a little test for a scene I am toying with.  One of those
> situations where a test, a fragment, a sketch if you will, can suggest
> directions the scene might take that might be more compelling than the
> original vision.  Don't know about the rest of you, but I experience
> this all the time.

Is there any other way?  ;-)  But seriously, almost everything I have done
started out being something else.  I'm not exactly sure what that means
about me (and you).  For me, it's generally due to A) the scene unfolding in
an unexpected way, or B) my own limitations and resources.  Generally, I'm
almost always happier with the new direction.

> The theme here is a little divergent from my usual interests.  Oh well,
> I guess such an image was inevitable, I am immersed in the NY streets
> 60-70 hours a week, night-lit much of the time. Also the blog is now
> taking up a lot of my focus.  In fact this scene started with the idea
> of putting it on the blog.

Lots of available inspiration in NYC.  I've read your blog a few times.  I
hope you keep that up as well as your POVing.  But, as always, make sure to
keep it balanced... ;-)