POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues : Re: Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:42:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping WIP - radiosity issues
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Sep 2006 03:10:54
Message: <450a51fe$1@news.povray.org>
"dlm" <me### [at] addressinvalid> schreef in bericht
> Thomas,
> I'm curious about this fascinating scene...
>  lateen rigged caravel
>  collosal greco/roman pillars
>  traditional chinese laborer's hat
> Where? When?

He he!! Yes... all that is true. This is an a-historic mixture of elements
from different cultures and different times.
- The ship in the background is, I believe, a fairly recent (perhaps 19th
century) Mediterranean ship;
- The ships at the quay are ancient Greek merchant ships. The model is based
on the one found at Kyrenia (Cyprus).
- Pillars: This is a reconstruction of the Greek temple of Apollo at Dydima
(Turkey). In fact it is in a state it never was in reality, as the
construction was never finished after a last earthquake destroyed part of
the work.
- Chinese hat: yes, or rather: a variation upon the chinese hat;
- one could add: clothings that reminds of the mythical Middle East of
Haroun Al Rachid;

...So.... it is a story, a myth, a dream... whatever you want... :-)
Still, I feel it important that the elements seem to go together, and blend
into a credible scene.

Thomas