POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What do you think of this guy? : Re: What do you think of this guy? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do you think of this guy?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 8 Sep 2006 18:47:17
Message: <4501f2f5$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> I've resumed my experiments with skin textures. Here I just used a
> photographic texture I found on the net. It is a sample from www.3d.sk,
> which sells unfolded scans and reference photos for 3D artists. There is
> no media SSS, but I created a material_map based on the same texture to
> give different finishes to the different parts of the face (it's just a
> BW version slightly tweaked with the Gimp).
>
> P.S.: Yes, I know my organic modeling skills suck: that nose is really
> ugly!
>
> --
> Jaime

Impressive.  The problem with the nose is just the one unsmoothed ridge
which I would guess can be fixed with a little more effort.  The truly
difficult thing, the mouth, is outstanding, very sensitively modelled.
The eye sockets another tough area are also good, a bit stylized and
severe, but not out of bounds.  Main problem is the eyeballs and I just
don't know what to say there exactly.  Keep in mind, I guess, that a
classical painter learning academic studio methods would have been
taught to leave the white of the cornea the same color as the flesh.