POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render HD format : Re: Render HD format Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:52:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render HD format
From: scott
Date: 6 Sep 2006 08:22:56
Message: <44febda0$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well have the command line/ini option as well then to overide.  That
>> way, if someone wants the "image aspect ratio" to be an important
>> part of their scene, they can set it in the camera block.  If not,
>> they just leave it out.
>
>  The problem with such a thing as automatic aspect ratio (IOW the
> resolution of the image to be rendered affects the camera settings)
> is that it breaks the boundary between the frontend and backend
> engines. It is not guaranteed that a future version of POV-Ray, where
> the barrier between these two things might be very pronounced (due to
> things like distributed rendering), can support that.

Oh ok, so what you are saying is that in future, the frontend may not be
able to change (or affect) any camera settings?  What about the resolution
to be rendered, would the frontend still be capable of telling the backend
this with the "pronounced barrier"?  If so, then I don't see why the backend
wouldn't be capable of working out the aspect ratio and adjusting the
camera.