POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want to use media to render like this~~ : Re: I want to use media to render like this~~ Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want to use media to render like this~~
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 5 Sep 2006 02:11:11
Message: <44fd14ff@news.povray.org>
> And now i draw the conclusion that it's impossible to achieve the same
> result by using the media object, anybody disagree with me??
I diasagree.
It can be done with media, that's what media is for.
People make perty, fluffy clouds with it all the time.
Something like this media should show up fine...

#declare Ring =box{-0.5,0.5
    texture {pigment{Clear}finish{ambient 0 diffuse 0}}
    hollow
    interior{
        media{
            scattering{1, 0.0028 extinction 0.3}