POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render HD format : Re: Render HD format Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:34:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render HD format
From: Rune
Date: 27 Aug 2006 04:46:01
Message: <44f15bc9$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>>
>>   Please read the caveats of that "trick" here:
>>
>> http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#aspectratio
>>

> Good points (except 1, which is poo, because rendering the scene with
> unoriginal/unintended aspect ratio always disturbs it, except with
> case 3 ;)), thou they haven't disturbed me yet (4. seems to be one
> that will). I usually render my scenes several times with multiple
> aspect ratios to get more view, which makes the automation handy.

As a side note, if you want an automatic adjustment for image ratio that
doesn't prioritize either horizontal or vertical angle, you can use:

up y*sqrt(image_height/image_width)
right x*sqrt(image_width/image_height)

This will for example have the effect that if you switch the width and
height of the image, it will be like if you rotated a real camera 90
degrees: the area will be the same.

Remember though that the effect will be overruled if the angle keyword is
used.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com