POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : website buttons new versions : Re: website buttons new versions Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: website buttons new versions
From: Alain
Date: 21 Aug 2006 22:18:36
Message: <44ea697c@news.povray.org>
Johan Feyaerts nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 21/08/2006 05:50:
> Hi,
>
> Due to the bad weather in Belgium I found some time to work further on the
> website buttons macro I started some time ago.
> The macro can render now a set of buttons for a website using pov animation
> (and a few days of patience on 512*384)
>
> By the way: is there any way to change the name of the bmp output file in
> the during rendering? output is now produced by the animation in
> webbuttons00.bmp,webbuttons01.bmp etc. It would be more convenient for later
> use of render output if I could name them something like button_<text inside
> button>_blue_normalstate.bmp.
>
> There is 2 versions pressed state with lights shining & normal  both
> rendered with +-14 lights behind the text. Problem is that they take a long
> time to render. Is there any way to speed up rendering with this amount of
> lights.
> I tried one version with radiosity with an emitting text behind the black
> text, but I'm not really happy with the result. The way the light shines on
> the side of the button seems unnatural to me. I like the backlight inside
> the button though.
> I don't know enough of radiosity I to find out how to improve it. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
> Radiosity settings are :
>
> global_settings {
>       max_trace_level 100
>       assumed_gamma 1.25
>       #if (Radiosity)
>         radiosity {
>               pretrace_start 0.04           // start pretrace at this size
>               pretrace_end   0.002          // end pretrace at this size
You can try 0.00125 or 000625, but try other settings first.
>               count  250                      // higher -> higher quality
> (1..1600) [35]
Need to increase still more. Go for 600 to 1000.
>               nearest_count  10               // higher -> higher quality
> (1..10) [5]
This one can go up to 20, worth a try
>               error_bound 2               // higher -> smoother, less
> accurate [1.8]
>               recursion_limit 3             // how much interreflections are
> calculated (1..5+) [3]
Try 1 or 2 as you way not need 3 interreflections
>               low_error_factor .5           // reduce error_bound during
> last pretrace step
Lowering this may help
>               gray_threshold 0.0            // increase for weakening colors
> (0..1) [0]
>               minimum_reuse 0.015           // reuse of old radiosity
> samples [0.015]
You can try increasing this one by a SMALL value. Use steps no more than 0.001.
If increasing don't give better results, try smaller values, same step size.
>               brightness 0.4                 // brightness of radiosity
> effects (0..1) [1]
>
>               adc_bailout 0.01/2
You may need to reduce some more.

--
Alain
Unitarianism: Come let us reason together about this shit.