POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : City plan of Mohenjo Daro : Re: City plan of Mohenjo Daro Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: City plan of Mohenjo Daro
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Aug 2006 03:13:05
Message: <44e6ba01@news.povray.org>

news:44e42824$1@news.povray.org...
> High!
>
> Are you sure not having extracted the streets rather than the buildings?
>
> Otherwise, your picture could inspire me to do some archeological sites in
> Afghanistan, like ancient Balkh or Surkh Kotal...

No, no! These are the walls! You can see the streets in between the houses,
even a sewer between the houses. The round structures are probably
reservoirs or wells. On the streets, you can see small rectangular
structures which were litter boxes, according to archaeologists.
I found this city plan in an old book: Prehistoric India, by Stuart Piggott,
a Pelican Book published in 1950.

This was a quick experiment. In order to give the different structures also
different heights, you will have to make separate traces that you combine
later in the render.

Looking forward to the Afghan digs!

Thomas