POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : learning about photons ... : Re: learning about photons ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: learning about photons ...
From: Alain
Date: 18 Aug 2006 22:24:43
Message: <44e6766b@news.povray.org>
Mike Sobers nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/08/2006 17:26:
> This is my first scene with photons.  I used "spacing 0.02" in the
> declaration block, with this on the Rocket only:
>     photons {  // photon block for Rocket
>       target 1.0
>       refraction on
>       reflection on
>     }
>
> No photons declared for the other objects in the scene.  I like the result,
> but I'm not sure what effect is due to the photons, so I'm in the process
> of re-rendering it without them to compare.
>
> Trivia - there are 52 reflection levels, but I decided to set max trace to
> 15 to speed things up a bit.
>
> Any suggestions, content, technique or otherwise?
>
> BTW, the environment is an office map generated by Jaime Vives Piqueres.
>

> Thanks,
> Mike

Your floor is very reflective. It makes the protons barely visible, if at all.
Try rendering again but without photons and see if there is a notable
difference. Rename your current image to preserve it and make it easier to compare.

--
Alain
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.