POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mario rendered in Lego : Re: Mario rendered in Lego Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mario rendered in Lego
From: Ger
Date: 16 Aug 2006 10:08:56
Message: <44e326f6@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:

>> > Is there a POV-Ray function that will return the RGB value at a
>> > particular point in an external image?
>>
>>     #if ((COL.blue < LowerColLimit) | (COL.blue > HighColLimit))
>
> This may cause problems for the code as it only polls the blue channel for
> comparison.  Colours that have a high blue value but aren't blue may get
> caught by it (i.e. white<1,1,1>, cyan<0,1,1>, magenta<1,0,1>).  A method
> to filter the other channels as well should be added as well.
>

> -tgq
You're right. I lifted this from a code section where I was only interested
in the blue channel.

So it should be something like this :
  #if (((COL.red < LowerRedLimit) | (COL.blue > HighRedLimit)) &
    ((COL.green < LowerGreenLimit) | (COL.blue > HighGreenLimit)) &
    ((COL.blue < LowerBlueLimit) | (COL.blue > HighBlueLimit)))

--
Ger