POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : how can i run povray on a dual-core? : Re: how can i run povray on a dual-core? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how can i run povray on a dual-core?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 10 Aug 2006 04:58:29
Message: <44daf535$1@news.povray.org>
> beta14. how can I activate my second core?

	There is no need to "activate" your second code.  By default POV-Ray 3.7
will use 2 render threads, which means both of your cores should be used at
nearly 100% for rendering (if nothing else is taking up cpu power).  You might
check this using the 'top' command.

is there any parameter which i
> can add to the command line

	There is a new command-line option +wtN (N an integer) to set the number
of "work threads" (number of threads used for rendering).  Increasing this
number from 2 (the default, as mentioned above) might increase or decrease
the rendering speed depending on many factors.

	- NC