POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping (WIP) : Re: Eavesdropping (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Aug 2006 03:55:07
Message: <44dae65b$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> schreef in bericht
> The eavesdropping guy looks like he's in mid step to me. I didn't realize
> he
> was eavesdropping until I considered the title. I might have found him
> more
> interesting if his hands were in different positions, maybe something that
> makes him look nervous or cautious.
Yes, I agree.

> The rest of the scene is great; definitely work with the AA until you
> eliminate all of the thin line artifacts because those can really hurt a
> scene IMO. I think the ship texture has a lot of small details which
> aren't
> very visible, and unfortunately it ends up looking like a flat brown
> color,
> especially in the ambient lighting.
Yes, the artifacts are annoying. I shall have to work on that seriously. The
ship's hull texture is still not really good. I have been struggling with it
for a while now, not getting the uv-mapping right. Still some work to do on
it.

> Finally, consider varying the color of some of the foreground elements.
Hmm. I have already added some objects that break the uniformity. I may
consider changing the color of the floor too...

Thomas