POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first spaceship : Re: My first spaceship Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first spaceship
From: Alain
Date: 9 Aug 2006 21:15:31
Message: <44da88b3$1@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 08/08/2006 18:11:
> Just a physics note:
>
> Large flat surfaces are really hard to pressurize in space.  They tend to
> bulge outward, that's why we see a lot of curves, spheres, cylinders, and
> greebles on spaceships.   Squareishness is really useful for stacking lots
> of objects, but it's not that useful for anything else, especially in the
> unconfined reaches of outer space.
>

> ---
> I would suggest that you surround your running lights with small spheres of
> the same color as the lights.  See "looks_like" in the help.
>
> Good effort... Please keep posting.

In my eyes, it's an unpressurised cargo ship cariyng loads of containers, and
those are ether also unpressurised or have ribbed sides that are disigned to
resist pressure.

--
Alain
  "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool."