POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOCC : RSOCC Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  RSOCC
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 8 Aug 2006 09:06:02
Message: <44d88c3a@news.povray.org>
Hi All:

Here is a cushion modeled with Wings3D to learn autoUV. Works nice with
this simple object, but I should try now on something more complex in
shape, like a sofa.

BTW, while searching for fabrics pictures to use as image_map for the
UV texture, I found something much better: a fabrics simulation program!
It's called ArahWeave and the demo is fully functional for texturing
purposes (the author has confirmed to me that pictures created with the
program can be used freely). The best thing is that you get totally
straight fabrics with uniform lighting, and as big as you want. The bad
news (not for me) is that it only runs on Linux.

The two fabrics on the image are created with ArahWeave, using as input
patterns generated with POV-Ray. And yes, I had to learn the basics
about weaving before getting some realistic results with the program. ;).

Regards,

P.S.: http://www.arahne.si

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cushion-cloth-test-060708-1.jpg' (188 KB)

Preview of image 'cushion-cloth-test-060708-1.jpg'
cushion-cloth-test-060708-1.jpg