POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ToL Ring - 3 images : Re: ToL Ring - 3 images Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ToL Ring - 3 images
From: Alain
Date: 7 Aug 2006 20:12:20
Message: <44d7d6e4$1@news.povray.org>
St. nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 02/08/2006 14:58:
> "Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
>>

>     Thank you Marc.
>

>> The green gems (emerald?) are greener than on the renders
>
>     But that's because they're real emeralds...  If only I can get it right
> in PoV ...    ;)
First, find the best possible colour and apply it as fade_color to the interior,
not the surface.
Then...
Try changing fade_distance to a smaller value until it's OK. Also, having the
right ior and dispersion helps.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are