POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just another molecule : Re: Just another molecule Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just another molecule
From: John Butler
Date: 29 Jul 2006 14:17:26
Message: <44cba636@news.povray.org>
Werner Amann wrote:
> EagleSun schrieb:
>
>> Hmm... can you post a stereo view of this?  It would be nice to see
>> this in
>> stereo to have a real 3D look.
>
> Sorry, I can't make a stereo view, because I can't see it - Bad eyes

I have generated a couple of stereo views from Werner's source. Since
it's my first post, I took the liberty to replace the blue plane with
the obligatory checkered plane (I retained Werner's blue hue). I think
the checker pattern provides a better depth cue than a smooth surface.

The image ending in W is for wide-eyed viewing, with the left eye
viewing the left image, right eye viewing right image. This often works
better for nearsighted eyes.

The image ending in C is for cross-eyed viewing. Sometimes better for
far-sighted eyes.

I rendered one image with the original camera position, then moved the
camera 2 units to the right to generate a second image, that when paired
with the original image, results in a stereo pair. I used Irfan to join
the images and scale them to 800x300.

Jack

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: