POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation, first test... (WIP) : Re: Vegetation, first test... (WIP) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation, first test... (WIP)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 27 Jul 2006 21:03:56
Message: <44c9627c$1@news.povray.org>
Care to share how you calculated the distance between plants? I started
scribbling psudeocode to do something like this, but I couldn't find a
fast way to get the surface distance separating two plants. On a surface
with a large pit or canyon, plants on either side would have little
reason to compete, but a narrow canyon might leave them close enough by
straight lines to influence the calculation.

Your picture looks pretty sparse, but with the taller dry looking plant
it does look like something to be seen near a desert oasis or along a
hot beach. A lighter texture on the ground surface might help carry that
idea further.